This website is owned and operated by OK To Travel Ltd ("OK To Travel Insurance", “OK To Travel”, “OKTT”, "our", "we" or "us"). OK To Travel Ltd is the controller of all personal information collected on this website.
OK To Travel Ltd believe strongly in protecting the privacy of all website users ("you", "yours") and this notice explains what data we collect from you through our interactions with you and how we use that data.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
OK To Travel Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Freedom Insurance Services Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, reference number 306536.
If you would like further information on how we collect, use and store your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Roland Gilliam, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing: Data Protection Officer, 58 Market Square, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 2AA.
WHAT DATA "PERSONAL INFORMATION" DO WE GATHER FROM YOU?
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you with the best and fairest service with our products. You would provide some of this data directly, such as when you fill in your details on our system to get a quote. We get some data by recording how you interact with our website, for example, using technologies like cookies.
We also obtain data from third parties. These vary over time but current examples include:
- We use a live chat provided by Click 4 Assistance, a 3rd party UK based software company. Information regarding how the data is processed and stored can be viewed at: https://www.click4assistance.co.uk/click4assistance-web-chat-software-cookie-policy
- We use Google’s analytical services to help improve and develop our website and for operational business.
- Publicly available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
- Choosing to leave feedback with us via Feefo means that you provide them with your name, email address, policy number and date on which your policy with us was purchased.
- Firemelon, our quote website developers, will create backups for your data for business continuity reasons in line with our retention periods and in some cases have administrative access to some data in line with them provide us with their services.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose to not provide data that is necessary for us to offer you our products or services, you may not be able to obtain our products or use our services.
The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data - We initially collect your date of birth as age is a factor in our pricing structures and your postcode so that we can create a quote record for you that can only be accessed by three pieces of information for data protection.
We would later take first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and similar contact data if you decide to take a policy out with us. This allows us to provide you with policy documentation and is required for the insurance contract you would have with us.
- Health data - We will be collecting any sensitive health data where needed to help us provide a fair service and an equitable premium to you where possible.
- Payment data - We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase with us. This payment data is collect by a third-party payment provider (Paypoint) via a secure portal.
We also collect information that you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations and chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
OK To Travel Ltd uses the data we collect for two basic reasons, described in more detail below:
- We will collect data, including personal information and risk details, solely to enable us to obtain and provide insurance quotations, arrange and administer your insurance. Data collected by us is contractual, and for our legitimate business interests as an insurance intermediary.
- To send communications, including promotional communications.
Providing our Products - We use data to provide and improve the products that we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of our services, developing new online features and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the products - We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you. These products are based on data individual to you that you provide to us.
- Customer support - We use data to find and correct issues with our systems and online services, as well as addressing your policy questions. We also provide customer care and support services online via our Live Chat feature or via email or telephone contact.
- Product improvement - We are in frequent contact with both our underwriters and third parties to improve our products. For example, we are in contact with Verisk to alert them to potential improvements to the medical questions.
- Security, safety and dispute resolution - We use data to protect the security of our clients, to detect and prevent fraud and to resolve disputes. For example, we would reference data for necessary data protection checks, we also reference data against the government’s Financial Sanctions Targets list.
- Business Operations - We use data to develop analysis and performance objectives that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Client feedback - If you purchase a policy with us, we invite you to provide us with feedback via Feefo, a third-party client feedback service. We would also use data provided by you via email or telephone to respond to your feedback.
Where we can, we do not use any data where clients might be identified whilst performing the functions listed above.
Communications - We use data we collect to communicate with you and to personalise our communications with you. For example, we confirm any quote given or policy purchased with correspondence confirming the quote or policy details, this correspondence will include your contact details as well as any provided health data.
Additionally, you can be provided an optional link to provide us with feedback and as a policyholder, we can add you to our marketing list so that we can provide you with communications about our product and services where you have a legitimate interest. You will be given the opportunity to opt-out in all marketing communications.
If, at any time in the future, we wish to use your personal data in ways other than those set out in this privacy notice, then we will notify you about this and seek your permission to do so.
Substantial Public interest - The Data Protection Bill lists insurance as being a valid reason to process sensitive data under the definition of a substantial public interest.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal and health data with our insurer as necessary to provide any product you have requested or authorised, and to complete any transaction that occurs as a result. We share data with third party companies and service providers when required by law or to respond to legal processes, to protect our customers, to maintain the security of your data and our products.
Data outside of the EU - There are some situations where data collected by us would need to be sent outside of the EU, such as in the following examples:
If you are abroad outside the EU and need medical assistance, we may be required to provide the local medical assistance office with your data to help this process. This communication would be sent securely.
Our underwriters and developers may store data on servers located outside of the EU.
All selected companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions, but will only be permitted by us to use such personal information for performing that function and not for any other purpose.
Whilst we make every effort only to tie-in with reputable companies who have a similar high regard for your privacy, you should make sure you are aware of what their privacy policies say, as we are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
If, in the future, a third party acquires OK To Travel or its assets (whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise) customer data, including personal information, may well be one of the transferred assets.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website, to track the pages you looked at while visiting our website and therefore to improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate personal information about the areas of our website which are visited most frequently. This aggregate personal information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier.
If you wish to reject our cookie, you may configure your browser to do so. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on our website. You have a variety of tools to control cookies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies.
How to manage cookies.
All browser technologies enable you to manage the cookies in the cookie folder of your browser. There are a couple of approaches you can take:
- either delete cookies from your cookie folder once you have finished your visit at our site, or
- set your preferences for using cookies before you begin using our website.
You can find further information about how to manage your browsers and cookies from your particular browser manufacturers. These are the most popular:
We separate the cookie we use on our site into several groups, as described below.
Strictly Necessary - Strictly Necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features located in secure areas of the website, such as the payment platform, saved quotes and access to your policy documentation.
We use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you have entered on our quoting form and medical screening facility to provide a quote
- Remember your order when you get to the checkout page
- Identify you as being logged into www.oktotravelinsurance.co.uk
Strictly Necessary cookies will NOT be used to:
Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'strictly necessary'
Performance - Performance cookies collect information about how you use this website. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you. We use Google Analytics to anonymously track:
- Number of visitors
- Browser types
- Page views
- Length of time on website
- Browsers used
- Web-site errors
The information collected is only used to help us improve how our website works and understand what interests our visitors.
Performance cookies will NOT be used to:
Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties but we do not allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Functionality - Functionality cookies allow our website to remember choices you make, such as your user name and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies are used to remember changes you have made, like re-setting your account password. These cookies cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies to:
- Show you when you are logged into the ‘Retrieve’ quote area
- Show you when you are logged to access your policy documents
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
Functionally cookies will Not be used to:
Target you with adverts on other websites
Targeting - Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties such as 'like' and 'share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use ‘Targeting’ cookies to:
- Link to social networks
- Provide online advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND RETENTION
The internet is not a secure medium and OK To Travel cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your personal information provided over the internet. However, we have put in place various security measures as set out below.
The OK To Travel website and associated databases are protected by certified firewalls in order to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. The website uses the latest technology with full backups. We also keep your personal information confidential. All outgoing and incoming emails are scanned for viruses.
Data Retention - We also keep your personal information confidential. If you decide to take a policy out with us, your details will be kept on our system for 6 years for the purposes of administration, claims and complaints handling.
Any emails you send us will be kept only for as long as they are needed. Specific text from your emails may be added to your record which means they will then be kept in that form for 6 years/1 year as appropriate.
If you decide to contact us via telephone, the calls are automatically recorded for compliance and legal reasons, they are held for 6 years. Any chats via Click 4 Assistance will be kept for 6 years.
For internet based advertising, we retain your data until you decide to opt out, at which point you will be deleted from our marketing list. All our marketing material will provide a link and option to opt out of further marketing.
Client feedback given via Feefo on our website will be kept forever. Feefo does not allow reviews to be deleted or altered as it prides itself on the honest picture its reviews provide.
We draw your attention to the fact that as a data subject, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which this policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer via the methods listed under the INFORMATION ABOUT US section of this policy.
- The right to rectification. If any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate, please contact us using the details under the CONTACT US section.
- The right to be forgotten. We hold your data for no longer than we need to, which is detailed under the Data Retention section just above. If you would like us to delete your details earlier, please contact us using the methods listed under the INFORMATION ABOUT US section of this policy. Please note: there may be circumstances where we will be unable to delete your records earlier.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to using your personal data for particular purposes.
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause of complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the methods listed under the INFORMATION ABOUT US section of this policy and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Online Form: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS - CONTACT US
Write to Us:
OK To Travel Ltd
58 Market Square
Telephone: 01223 446 920